Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents a function that has been loaded from a Wolfram Library.
- LibraryFunction is returned by functions such as LibraryFunctionLoad.
- A LibraryFunction object can be used the same way as a pure function.
- The function represented by LibraryFunction runs in the same process as the Wolfram Language kernel.
- The function represented by LibraryFunction can share data with the Wolfram Language kernel.
- Functions in libraries loaded by LibraryFunctionLoad can make callbacks to the Wolfram Language.
- The function represented by LibraryFunction is unloaded when the Wolfram Language kernel exits.
- LibraryFunctionUnload unloads a LibraryFunction so that it can no longer be used.
Introduced in 2010