Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- PolygonalNumber[n] is generically defined as .
- PolygonalNumber[r,n] is generically defined as .
- PolygonalNumber[r,n] can be interpreted as the number of points arranged in the form of n-1 polygons of r sides. For instance for r=3 and n=4:
- PolygonalNumber automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 2016