Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
transforms elements of matrix into unscaled principal components.
- PrincipalComponents gives the principal component transform of matrix.
- The principal components of matrix are linear transformations of the original columns into uncorrelated columns arranged in order of decreasing variance.
- PrincipalComponents supports a Method option. The following explicit settings can be specified:
"Covariance" uses covariance method (default) "Correlation" uses correlation method
- If principal components of scaled columns (standardized principal components) are required, the option Method"Correlation" should be used.
- The dimensions of PrincipalComponents[matrix] are the same as the dimensions of matrix.
- If matrix consists of exact numbers or symbols, the result is also exact or symbolic, respectively.
Introduced in 2010