Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
evaluates expr "quietly", without actually outputting any messages generated.
quietens only the specified messages during the evaluation of expr.
quietens only the named group of messages.
- Quiet has attribute HoldAll.
- Quiet[expr,moff,mon] specifies that messages in the list moff should not be generated, but those in mon should be.
- Explicit message names of the form s::t can be mixed with named message groups.
- Quiet constructs can be nested; the innermost specification for a particular message is the one used.
- The operation of Check and related message functions is not affected by being inside Quiet.
- If Quiet is used inside functions like Check, messages suppressed by Quiet are not tested by Check.
- In Quiet[expr,"name"], possible named message groups are given by $MessageGroups.
- Quiet[expr] is equivalent to Quiet[expr,All]. Quiet[expr,None,All] switches on all messages.
Introduced in 2007
(6.0)| Updated in 2008