Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
gives the form of expr that would be obtained if symbols in it were replaced by explicit numerical expressions satisfying the assumptions assum.
- Assumptions can consist of equations, inequalities, domain specifications such as x∈Integers, and logical combinations of these.
- Refine can be used on equations, inequalities, and domain specifications.
- Quantities that appear algebraically in inequalities are always assumed to be real.
- Refine is one of the transformations tried by Simplify.
- The following options can be given:
Assumptions $Assumptions default assumptions to append to assum TimeConstraint 30 for how many seconds to try doing any particular transformation
Refine evaluates to when a symbolic expression is assumed to be positive:
Introduced in 2003