Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
renames file1 to file2.
- file1 must already exist; file2 must not.
- RenameFile sets the modification date for file2 to be the same as for file1.
- RenameFile returns the full new file name, or $Failed if the file cannot be renamed.
- RenameFile works on cloud objects, changing their cloud file names but not their UUIDs.
- Files can be specified either using "path" or File["path"].
- RenameFile has the following option:
OverwriteTarget False whether to overwrite if the target file already exists
Introduced in 1991
(2.0)| Updated in 2016