Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents the sum of form[x] for all x that satisfy the polynomial equation f[x]==0.
- f must be a Function object such as (#^5-2#+1)&.
- form need not correspond to a polynomial function.
- Normal[expr] expands RootSum objects into explicit sums involving Root objects.
- f and form can contain symbolic parameters.
- RootSum[f,form] is automatically simplified whenever form is a rational function.
- RootSum is often generated in computing integrals of rational functions.
Introduced in 1996