Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- Mathematical function, suitable for both symbolic and numerical manipulation.
- Round rounds numbers of the form x .5 toward the nearest even integer.
- Round[x] returns an integer when x is any numeric quantity, whether or not it is an explicit number.
- For exact numeric quantities, Round internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision.
- Round applies separately to real and imaginary parts of complex numbers.
- Round automatically threads over lists.
Introduced in 1988
(1.0)| Updated in 2007