Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
prints as the standard Wolfram Language two-dimensional representation of expr.
- StandardForm generates output that gives a unique and unambiguous representation of Wolfram Language expressions, suitable for use as input. »
- StandardForm incorporates many aspects of traditional mathematical notation.
- StandardForm is the standard format type used for both input and output of Wolfram Language expressions in notebooks.
- Graphics and Graphics3D are displayed graphically in StandardForm.
- StandardForm can be edited in the notebook front end.
- StandardForm uses special characters as well as ordinary keyboard characters.
- StandardForm is based on boxes.
- The notebook front end contains menu items for conversion to and from StandardForm.
Introduced in 1996
(3.0)| Updated in 2007