Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
evaluates expr, then compares it with each of the formi in turn, evaluating and returning the valuei corresponding to the first match found.
- Only the valuei corresponding to the first formi that matches expr is evaluated. Each formi is evaluated only when the match is tried.
- If the last formi is the pattern _, then the corresponding valuei is always returned if this case is reached.
- If none of the formi match expr, the Switch is returned unevaluated.
- Switch has attribute HoldRest.
- You can use Break, Return, and Throw in Switch.
Introduced in 1988