Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
represents all the information needed for encryption, decryption, and other operations in a symmetric cryptographic system.
- SymmetricKey objects can be used with functions such as Encrypt and Decrypt.
- A single SymmetricKey object can be used for both encryption and decryption.
- In SymmetricKey[assoc], the association assoc contains the following:
"Cipher" cipher used "Key" key as a ByteArray "InitializationVector" initialization vector as a ByteArray or None "BlockMode" block chaining mode for block ciphers
- Possible methods are as listed for GenerateSymmetricKey.
- When used in Encrypt, the setting "InitializationVector"->None specifies that Encrypt should generate a new initialization vector whenever it is called.
- SymmetricKey[assoc]["prop"] gives the specified element of assoc. It is equivalent to assoc["prop"].
You can retrieve keys and values from the associations with the SymmetricKey object:
Introduced in 2015