Wolfram Language & System 11.0 (2016)|Legacy Documentation
This is documentation for an earlier version of the Wolfram Language.View current documentation (Version 11.2)
- SystemsModelDelay[δ] makes it possible to represent systems involving time delays and efficiently manipulate, approximate, and simulate these systems.
- SystemsModelDelay[δ] is typeset in StandardForm as δ and can be entered using EscdelayEsc.
- For a StateSpaceModel, SystemsModelDelay[δ] can occur linearly in any of the system matrices. For a signal , SystemsModelDelay[δ]w[t] is taken to be .
- For a TransferFunctionModel, SystemsModelDelay[δ] can occur linearly in the coefficients of the polynomials. It is taken to represent a transformed time delay:
-δ s in a continuous-time system z-δ in a discrete-time system
- Here, s is the Laplace-transform variable, and z is the z-transform variable.
- For discrete-time systems, the delay δ is taken to be a multiple of the SamplingPeriod.
Introduced in 2012