2.2.1 Using a CD
Before you install Mathematica on a client, MathLM should already be installed and running on a license server on the network (see Section 2.1 for details). To complete the Mathematica installation, you will need to know the name or IP address of the license server running MathLM.
To install Mathematica on Windows NT/2000/XP, you must have administrative privileges.
If the machine on which you want to install Mathematica does not have a CD-ROM drive, you can run the installer off another machine on the network. To do this, insert the Mathematica CD into the drive on the remote machine. Then locate the CD-ROM object on your computer and double-click the Setup.exe file in the PC__8_3 directory. Once the installer is launched, follow the same steps as for installing off a local CD.
Note: You can also look up these installation instructions on the web at documents.wolfram.com.
To install Mathematica on Windows using a CD:
1. Insert the Mathematica CD into the drive. The Mathematica CD window appears on your screen. Click the button labeled Install Mathematica to a hard disk.
Note: If the Mathematica CD window does not appear, the CD autorun feature might be disabled on your computer. To start the installer, open the CD-ROM drive icon and double-click the Setup.exe file in the PC__8_3 directory.
2. Click the radio button marked Full for a full install or click Minimal to install only the minimum required files. By default, Mathematica is installed in the directory C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\5.0. Click Browse to choose another destination directory, if desired. Click Install when you are ready to begin copying files.
3. Once all the files are copied to your disk, a dialog box appears asking if you wish to enter your license information now or wait until later. Click the radio button marked Enter license information now. Then click Finish.
4. Mathematica 5.0 starts up and the following password dialog box appears. Click the radio button marked Network License. Then enter the name or IP address of the license server running MathLM in the space provided.
5. Click OK. You are now ready to start using Mathematica.
Note: Without entering a password you can still run in MathReader mode. In this mode you cannot create or edit notebooks, but you can view and print them.