Network Mathematica: System administrators should use the instructions in the Network Mathematica System Administrator's Guide or at documents.wolfram.com/installation to install the Mathematica license manager, MathLM. Once MathLM is installed, you can use the isntructions on this page to install a copy of Mathematica.
1. Insert the CD. The Mathematica CD window appears on your screen.
2. Click the button labeled Install Mathematica to a hard disk, and follow the instructions on the screen.
On Mac OS X:
1. Insert the CD. A new window appears on your screen. If no new window appears, double-click the CD icon.
2. Open the Mathematica 5.0 for Mac OS X folder.
3. Drag the Mathematica 5.0 icon to the location on your hard drive where you wish to install it.
1. Mount the CD. For mounting instructions, visit documents.wolfram.com.
2. Run the commands:
# cd /cdrom/Installer
3. Follow the instructions provided by the installer.