• int MLPutByteString(MLINK link, unsigned char *s, long n) puts a string of n characters starting from location s to the MathLink connection specified by link.
• All characters in the string must be specified using character codes as obtained from ToCharacterCode in Mathematica.
• Newlines must thus be specified in terms of their raw character codes, rather than using \n.
• MLPutByteString() handles only characters with codes less than 256.
• It can handle both ordinary ASCII as well as ISO Latin-1 characters.
• See Section 2.13.5.
• See also: MLPutString, MLPutIntegerList.