• Alias: |.
• Infix operator.
• x y is by default interpreted as VerticalBar[x, y].
• Used in mathematics to indicate that x divides y.
• Also sometimes called Sheffer stroke, and used to indicate logical NAND.
• Not the same as \[VerticalSeparator] , which is drawn longer.
• Not the same as \[LeftBracketingBar] and \[RightBracketingBar] , which are drawn with a small tee to indicate their direction.
• | is the alias for \[VerticalSeparator] . The alias for \[VerticalBar] has a space at the beginning.
• See Section 1.10.8 and Section 3.10.4.
• See also: \[RawVerticalBar] , \[Nand] , \[NotVerticalBar] , \[DoubleVerticalBar] , \[Backslash] , \[HorizontalLine] .