• Alias: |.
• Infix operator.
• x y is by default interpreted as VerticalSeparator[x, y].
• Used in mathematics for many purposes, including indicating restriction and standing for "such that".
• Also used to separate arguments of various mathematical functions.
• Extensible character; grows by default to limited size.
• Not the same as \[VerticalBar] , which is drawn shorter.
• Not the same as \[LeftBracketingBar] and \[RightBracketingBar] , which are drawn with a small tee to indicate their direction.
• Not the same as \[VerticalLine] , which is a letter-like form, and is indefinitely extensible.
• See Section 1.10.8 and Section 3.10.4.
• See also: \[RawVerticalBar] , \[NotVerticalBar] , \[DoubleVerticalBar] , \[Colon] , \[SuchThat] , \[HorizontalLine] .