• $ByteOrdering gives the native ordering of bytes in binary data on your computer system.
• Possible values of $ByteOrdering are +1 and -1.
• +1 corresponds to big endian (appropriate for 680x0 and many other processors); -1 corresponds to little endian (appropriate for x86 processors).
• +1 corresponds to having the most significant byte first; -1 to having the least significant byte first.
• +1 is the order obtained from IntegerDigits[n, 256].
gives the default setting for the ByteOrdering
option in Import
• New in Version 4.