• AccuracyGoal is an option for various numerical operations which specifies how many effective digits of accuracy should be sought in the final result.
• AccuracyGoal -> Automatic
normally yields an accuracy goal equal to half the setting for WorkingPrecision
• AccuracyGoal -> Infinity
specifies that accuracy should not be used as the criterion for terminating the numerical procedure. PrecisionGoal
is typically used in this case.
• Even though you may specify AccuracyGoal->n, the results you get may sometimes have much less than n-digit accuracy.
• In most cases, you must set WorkingPrecision
to be at least as large as AccuracyGoal
• AccuracyGoal effectively specifies the absolute error allowed in a numerical procedure.
• With AccuracyGoal->a
attempts to make the numerical error in a result of size
be less than
• New in Version 1; modified in 5.