• AutoIndent is an option for Cell which specifies what automatic indentation should be done at the beginning of a new line after an explicit return character has been entered.
• Possible settings for AutoIndent are:
|False ||do no indentation |
|True ||indent the same as the previous line |
|Automatic ||indent according to the structure of the expression (default) |
• With AutoIndent->True, tabs or spaces used for indentation on the previous line are explicitly inserted at the beginning of the new line.
• With AutoIndent->Automatic
, line breaks are always indicated by an \[IndentingNewLine]
character even if they were originally entered using
• Indentation after an \[IndentingNewLine] is automatically redone every time an expression is displayed.
• New in Version 3; modified in 4.