• ButtonBox[boxes] represents a button in a notebook, displaying boxes and performing an action when it is clicked on.
• The default action is to paste boxes at your current insertion point.
• Other actions can be specified using options.
• ButtonBox objects are used to implement palette buttons, hyperlinks and other active elements in notebooks.
• ButtonBox objects are active when either they or the cell that contains them has the option Active->True.
• When ButtonBox objects are active, they perform an action whenever they are clicked on. Otherwise, clicking on them simply selects them or their contents.
• ButtonBox[boxes, ButtonStyle->"style"] takes the properties of the ButtonBox from the specified style. The style for a ButtonBox can specify both its appearance and its action.
• The following options affecting button appearance can be given:
• The following options affecting button action can be given:
• ButtonBox[ ... ] is by default interpreted as Button[ ... ] if it is given as input to the Mathematica kernel.
• New in Version 3.