• ButtonFunction is an option for ButtonBox which specifies the function to execute when the button is active and is clicked on.
• The default setting for ButtonFunction causes the button to paste its contents at your current notebook selection.
• ButtonFunction is used only with the setting Active->True either for the individual button, or for the cell which contains it.
• With ButtonFunction->f
the first argument supplied to f
is specified by the setting for ButtonSource
, and the second argument by the setting for ButtonData
• Standard Mathematica precedence rules require parentheses in ButtonFunction->(body &).
• Settings for ButtonFunction
are often inherited from button styles via the ButtonStyle
• With the default setting ButtonEvaluator -> None the expression constructed from the button function is sent to the front end for evaluation.
• New in Version 3.