• ColorFunction is an option for graphics functions which specifies a function to apply to determine colors of elements.
• ColorFunction is an option for Plot3D, ListPlot3D, DensityPlot, ContourPlot, Raster and related functions.
• With the usual default setting ColorFunctionScaling -> True
, the arguments supplied to f
are scaled using PlotRange
so as to lie in the range 0 to 1.
• With ColorFunctionScaling -> False original unscaled values are used.
• The function specified by ColorFunction must return a CMYKColor, GrayLevel, Hue or RGBColor directive.
• ColorFunction -> Automatic yields a range of gray levels.
• ColorFunction -> Hue yields a range of colors.
• In three-dimensional graphics, ColorFunction is used only with the option setting Lighting -> False.
• New in Version 2; modified in 4.