• CompiledFunction[args, argregs, nregs, instr, func] represents compiled code for evaluating a compiled function.
is a list giving a pattern for the type of each argument to the function. The types are specified as in Compile
• argregs is a list of the registers into which actual argument values should be placed to evaluate the compiled code.
• nregs is a list of the numbers of logical, integer, real, complex and tensor registers required in evaluating the compiled code.
• instr is a list of actual compiled code instructions.
• func is a Mathematica pure function to be used if no result can be obtained from the compiled code for any reason.
generates a CompiledFunction
object which can be executed by applying it to appropriate arguments.
• CompiledFunction objects that are constructed explicitly can also be executed. Basic consistency checks are done when such objects are first evaluated by Mathematica.
• The code in a CompiledFunction object is based on an idealized register machine.
• New in Version 2; modified in 4.