• DeleteCases[expr, pattern] removes all elements of expr which match pattern.
• DeleteCases[expr, pattern, levspec] removes all parts of expr on levels specified by levspec which match pattern.
• DeleteCases[expr, pattern, levspec, n] removes the first n parts of expr which match pattern.
• With the option Heads -> True
, you can delete heads with DeleteCases
. Deleting the head of a particular element in an expression is equivalent to applying FlattenAt
to the expression at that point.
• Level specifications are described in Section A.3.6
• New in Version 2; modified in 4.1.