• DelimiterFlashTime is an option for cells and notebooks which specifies how long in seconds a delimiter should flash for when its matching delimiter is entered.
• DelimiterFlashTime->0 makes delimiters not flash.
• A typical default setting is DelimiterFlashTime->0.3, which makes matching delimiters flash for 0.3 seconds.
• Delimiters include parentheses, brackets and braces, as well as [[
, and paired special characters such as
• If you enter an unpaired closing delimiter the standard Mathematica front end will beep.
• You can use the front end menu item Check Balance to select ranges with balanced delimiters in an expressions.
• You can set DelimiterFlashTime at the level of a single cell, a notebook, or the whole front end.
• New in Version 3.