• DiracDelta[x] represents the Dirac delta function .
• DiracDelta[, , ... ] represents the multidimensional Dirac delta function .
• DiracDelta[x] returns 0 for all numeric x other than 0.
• DiracDelta can be used in integrals, integral transforms and differential equations.
• Some transformations are done automatically when DiracDelta appears in a product of terms.
• DiracDelta[, ,
returns 0 if any of the
are numeric and not 0
• For exact numeric quantities, DiracDelta
internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision
• New in Version 4.