• Distribute[f[, , ... ]] distributes f over Plus appearing in any of the .
• Distribute[expr, g] distributes over g.
• Distribute[expr, g, f] performs the distribution only if the head of expr is f.
• Distribute effectively implements the distributive law for operators f and g.
explicitly constructs the complete result of a distribution; Expand
, on the other hand, builds up results iteratively, simplifying at each stage.
• Example: Distribute[f[a+b,c+d]]
• Distribute[f[a+b,g[x,y],c], g]
• Distribute[expr, g, f, gp, fp] gives gp and fp in place of g and f respectively in the result of the distribution.
• New in Version 1.