• FractionBox[x, y] represents in input and output.
• Inside \( ... \) FractionBox[x, y] can be input as x \/ y.
• The axis of FractionBox[x, y] is taken to go through the fraction line. The baseline lies below the axis by the distance between the axis and the bottom of characters such as ( in the current font.
• The width of the fraction line can be given in x-heights as the setting for the SpanLineThickness
option in StyleBox
• If FractionBox[x, y] does not fit on a single line, it is output as x / y.
• In StandardForm
, explicit FractionBox
objects are output literally. You can use DisplayForm
to see the display form of such objects.
• New in Version 3.