• FractionalPart[x] gives the fractional part of x.
• Mathematical function (see Section A.3.10
• FractionalPart[x] in effect takes all digits to the right of the decimal point and drops the others.
• FractionalPart[x] + IntegerPart[x] is always exactly x.
• FractionalPart[x] yields a result when x is any numeric quantity, whether or not it is an explicit number.
• Example: FractionalPart[Pi^2]
• For exact numeric quantities, FractionalPart
internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision
• New in Version 3.