• FullSimplify[expr] tries a wide range of transformations on expr involving elementary and special functions, and returns the simplest form it finds.
• FullSimplify[expr, assum] does simplification using assumptions.
will always yield at least as simple a form as Simplify
, but may take substantially longer.
• The following options can be given:
on expressions that involve Root
• FullSimplify does transformations on most kinds of special functions.
• You can specify default assumptions for FullSimplify
• New in Version 3; modified in 5.