• Gamma[z] is the Euler gamma function .
• Gamma[a, z] is the incomplete gamma function .
• Gamma[a, , ] is the generalized incomplete gamma function .
• Mathematical function (see Section A.3.10
• The gamma function satisfies
• The incomplete gamma function satisfies
• The generalized incomplete gamma function is given by the integral
• Note that the arguments in the incomplete form of Gamma
are arranged differently from those in the incomplete form of Beta
• Gamma[z] has no branch cut discontinuities.
• Gamma[a, z]
has a branch cut discontinuity in the complex z
plane running from
• New in Version 1.