• GaussianIntegers is an option for FactorInteger, PrimeQ, Factor and related functions which specifies whether factorization should be done over Gaussian integers.
• With GaussianIntegers -> False
, factorization is done over the ordinary ring of integers
• With GaussianIntegers -> True
, factorization is done over the ring of integers with
• Example: FactorInteger[13, GaussianIntegers -> True]
• The Gaussian primes used when GaussianIntegers -> True are chosen to have both real and imaginary parts positive.
• The first entry in the list given by FactorInteger
with GaussianIntegers -> True
may be -1
• New in Version 2.