• Input[ ] interactively reads in one Mathematica expression.
• Input["prompt"] requests input, using the specified string as a prompt.
• Input returns the expression it read.
• The operation of Input may vary from one computer system to another. When a Mathematica front end is used, Input may work through a dialog box.
• When no front end is used, Input reads from standard input.
• If the standard input is a file, then Input
if you try to read past the end of the file.
• On most systems, Input[ ] uses ? as a prompt.
• When Input is evaluated, Mathematica stops until the input has been read.
• New in Version 1.