• InterpolatingFunction[domain, table] represents an approximate function whose values are found by interpolation.
works like Function
• InterpolatingFunction[ ... ][x] finds the value of an approximate function with a particular argument x.
• In standard output format, only the domain element of an InterpolatingFunction object is printed explicitly. The remaining elements are indicated by <>.
• domain specifies the domain of the data from which the InterpolatingFunction was constructed.
• If you supply arguments outside of the domain, a warning is generated, and then an extrapolated value is returned.
• InterpolatingFunction objects that take any number of real arguments may be constructed.
• You can take derivatives of InterpolatingFunction
objects using D
returns its results in terms of InterpolatingFunction
• New in Version 2; modified in 3.