• Inverse[m] gives the inverse of a square matrix m.
• Inverse works on both symbolic and numerical matrices.
• For matrices with approximate real or complex numbers, the inverse is generated to the maximum possible precision given the input. A warning is given for ill-conditioned matrices.
• Inverse[m, Modulus->n] evaluates the inverse modulo n.
• Inverse[m, ZeroTest -> test]
evaluates test[ m[[i, j]] ]
to determine whether matrix elements are zero. The default setting is ZeroTest -> (# 0 &)
• A Method
option can also be given. Possible settings are as for LinearSolve
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.
• Advanced Documentation.