• x y or x y yields True if x is determined to be less than or equal to y.
• yields True if the form a non-decreasing sequence.
• x y
can be entered as x y
or x \[LessEqual] y
when its arguments are real numbers.
• LessEqual does some simplification when its arguments are not numbers.
• For exact numeric quantities, LessEqual
internally uses numerical approximations to establish numerical ordering. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision
• x y
, entered as x </ y
or x \[LessSlantEqual] y
, can be used on input as an alternative to x y
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.