• MatrixForm[list] prints with the elements of list arranged in a regular array.
• In StandardForm
the array is shown enclosed in parentheses.
• MatrixForm prints a single-level list in a column. It prints a two-level list in standard matrix form. More deeply nested lists are by default printed with successive dimensions alternating between rows and columns.
• Elements in each column are by default centered.
objects like the corresponding ordinary lists.
takes the same set of options as TableForm
• MatrixForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
• New in Version 1; modified in 5.