• Names["string"] gives a list of the names of symbols which match the string.
• Names["string", SpellingCorrection->True] includes names which match after spelling correction.
• Names["string"] gives the same list of names as ?string.
• Names returns a list of strings corresponding to the names of symbols.
• The string can be an abbreviated string pattern, with metacharacters such as *
, as described in Section A.3.13
• Names["context`*"] lists all symbols in the specified context.
• With SpellingCorrection -> True, Names includes names which differ in a small fraction of their characters from those specifically requested.
• With IgnoreCase -> True or SpellingCorrection -> True, Names treats lower- and upper-case letters as equivalent when matching names.
• Names[ ] lists all names in all contexts.
• New in Version 1.