• NotebookObject[fe, id] is an object that represents an open notebook in the front end.
• fe is a FrontEndObject which specifies the front end in which the notebook is open.
• id is an integer that gives a unique serial number for this open notebook.
• In StandardForm
notebook objects are printed so as to indicate the current title of the window that would be used to display the notebook.
• Within any open notebook, there is always a current selection. The current selection can be modified by applying functions such as SelectionMove
• New in Version 3; modified in 4.