• NotebookWrite[notebook, data] writes data into a notebook at the current selection, setting the current selection to be just after the data written.
• NotebookWrite[notebook, data, sel] writes data into a notebook setting the current selection to be as specified by sel.
• NotebookWrite does essentially the same as a Paste operation in the front end: it replaces by data whatever the current selection in the notebook is.
• NotebookWrite is the basic way to use the Mathematica kernel to modify the contents of notebooks that are being manipulated by the front end.
automatically wraps Cell
around the data
you specify if this is necessary.
• Possible settings for sel are:
|After ||place the current selection immediately after the data written |
|All ||make the current selection be the data written |
|Before ||place the current selection immediately before the data written |
|None ||leave the current selection unchanged |
|Placeholder ||make the current selection be the first placeholder in the data written |
• The default for sel is After, so that NotebookWrite[obj, data] can be called repeatedly to insert several pieces of data in sequence.
• New in Version 3.