• NumberMarks is an option for InputForm and related functions that specifies whether ` marks should be included in the printed forms of approximate numbers.
• The default setting for NumberMarks
is given by the value of $NumberMarks
• NumberMarks->True indicates that ` should be used in all approximate numbers, both machine-precision and arbitrary-precision ones.
• NumberMarks -> Automatic indicates that ` should be used in arbitrary-precision but not machine-precision numbers.
• NumberMarks -> False indicates that ` should never be used in outputting numbers.
• Number marks are used to indicate the type of numbers, and their precision or accuracy.
• The *^
form for scientific notation is always used in InputForm
, and is independent of NumberMarks
• New in Version 3.