• OpenAppend["file"] opens a file to append output to it, and returns an OutputStream object.
• The following options can be given:
• On computer systems that support pipes, OpenAppend["!command"] runs the external program specified by command, and opens a pipe to send input to it.
• If OpenRead
does not succeed in opening a particular file or pipe, it generates a message, and returns $Failed
resolves file names according to the procedure described in Section A.6.1
• OpenAppend returns OutputStream["name", n], where name is the full name of a file or command, and n is a serial number that is unique across all streams opened in the current Mathematica session.
can be used to change the properties of an output stream, after it is already open.
• Functions like Put
automatically open the files or pipes they need, if they are not already open.
• With the default setting BinaryFormat -> False
, the setting for CharacterEncoding
is taken to be "ASCII"
• New in Version 1.