• OutputForm[expr] prints as a two-dimensional representation of expr using only keyboard characters.
is an approximation to StandardForm
which uses only ordinary keyboard characters.
• The OutputForm of many kinds of expressions is quite different from their internal representation.
• OutputForm acts as a "wrapper", which affects printing, but not evaluation.
• OutputForm cannot be used directly for input to Mathematica.
• When possible, OutputForm
uses approximations to special characters. Thus
is given as
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.