• PageWidth is an option for output streams and for cells which specifies how wide each line of text should be allowed to be.
• Possible settings for output streams are:
|Infinity ||an infinite width (no linebreaking) |
|n ||explicit width in characters |
• SetOptions[stream, PageWidth -> val] resets the line width allowed for an open stream.
• Possible settings for cells are:
|WindowWidth ||the width of the window on the screen |
|PaperWidth ||the width of the page as it would be printed |
|n ||explicit width given in printer's points |
allows each line to use the full width of the displayed window, taking into account settings for CellMargins
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.