• Precision[x] gives the effective number of digits of precision in the number x.
• Precision[x] gives a measure of the relative uncertainty in the value of x.
• With absolute uncertainty dx, Precision[x] is -Log[10, dx/x].
• For exact numbers such as integers, Precision[x]
• Precision[x] does not normally yield an integer result.
• Numbers entered in the form digits`p are taken to have precision p.
• Numbers such as 0``a whose overall scale cannot be determined are treated as having zero precision.
• Numbers with zero precision are output in StandardForm
is their accuracy.
• If x is not a number, Precision[x] gives the minimum value of Precision for all the numbers that appear in x.
• New in Version 1; modified in 5.