• expr >> filename writes expr to a file.
• Put[, , ... , "filename"] writes a sequence of expressions to a file.
• On systems with advanced graphical interfaces, there will usually be graphical tools for saving expressions in files.
• Put starts writing output at the beginning of the file. It deletes whatever was previously in the file.
• Put inserts a newline (line feed) at the end of its output.
• expr >> filename
is equivalent to expr >> "filename"
. The double quotes can be omitted if the file name is of the form specified in Section A.2.7
• It is conventional to use names that end with .m for files containing Mathematica input.
by default writes expressions in InputForm
• Put[OutputForm[expr], "filename"] generates OutputForm.
• New in Version 1.