• Real is the head used for real (floating-point) numbers.
• _Real can be used to stand for a real number in a pattern.
• You can enter a floating-point number of any length.
• You can enter a number in scientific notation by using the form mantissa*^exponent.
• You can enter a floating-point number in base b using b^^digits. The base must be less than 36. The letters a-z or A-Z are used in sequence to stand for digits 10 through 35.
is also used to indicate an approximate real number in Read
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.