• Remove[, ... ] removes symbols completely, so that their names are no longer recognized by Mathematica.
• Remove["", "", ... ] removes all symbols whose names match any of the string patterns .
• You can use Remove to get rid of symbols that you do not need, and which may shadow symbols in contexts later on your context path.
allows metacharacters such as *
, as specified in Section A.3.13
• Remove["context`*"] removes all symbols in a particular context.
does not affect symbols with the attribute Protected
• Once you have removed a symbol, you will never be able to refer to it again, unless you recreate it.
• If you have an expression that contains a symbol which you remove, the removed symbol will be printed as Removed["name"], where its name is given in a string.
• New in Version 1.