• Round[x] gives the integer closest to x.
• Mathematical function (see Section A.3.10
• Round rounds numbers of the form x.5 toward the nearest even integer.
• Round[x] returns an integer when x is any numeric quantity, whether or not it is an explicit number.
• Example: Round[Pi^2]
• For exact numeric quantities, Round
internally uses numerical approximations to establish its result. This process can be affected by the setting of the global variable $MaxExtraPrecision
• New in Version 1; modified in 3.